Friday, August 22, 2014





Card 2 
By Kalyani Rajalingham










Dear Diary,


William and I were talking the other day, and well, at least we agree on one thing......arranged marriages......we both believe it to be a feral tradition......


I mean, there are people on the planet who get married to people they have never met or even interacted with just because a few half-baked morons decided that they were Lords who'd decide another's fate.......


That is to say that in a third world, most, if not all women are married off to a random guy....in most cases to people they have never met.........None of them question it, for none of them have the courage to speak or stand up........


So, I must ask why the women do not rebel........I guess they're content being slaves to their pathetic masters........cooking and cleaning.......and having babies.......I do not mock them, rather, I feel sorry for them.......


I never ever had to interact with third worlders (except a few here and there), and I was taught to never ever lose my freedom.....but women from the third world don't have anyone to tell them that they can be more than just slaves, or that they have the right to choose......


I, on the other hand, live for freedom......freedom of choice, speech, action, and well, just about everything.....


To not have people choose for me....
To not have people interfere in my life or question my choices/decisions.....
To live as more than just a slave to a man........(I mean, men aren't worthy enough to get a free slave)....
To be more than just a measly human who learns a little, loves a little, and lives a little to then die...........


So, the end remark here is that I disagree with arranged marriages, and so does my wonderful handsome blue-eyed hubby William........Ours was not an arranged marriage...........



Kally